Dental Implant Information
You are here: HOME > dental implants
Bring Back Your Confidence with Dental Implants by Wisconsin Dental Solutions
As foremost Sun Prairie / Madison dental implant experts, Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski have studied surgical placement and esthetic restoration of dental implants. This exciting solution to traditional dentures and bridges looks and feels like nature intended. Dental implants consist of a titanium post and a single crown or a multiple-tooth prosthetic (bridge or denture). Because implants are anchored with a replacement tooth root, they never slip out of place, and they don’t require special care like dentures do. Patients across the globe feel younger, healthier, and more attractive because of modern dental implants. If you’re interested in learning more about dental implants, call for a free consultation.
Implants are synthetic structures that are placed in the area of the tooth normally occupied by the root. Implants are anchored to the jawbone and act as a foundation for an artificial tooth or permanent bridge. In some cases, implants can be used to attach dentures.
Not everyone is a candidate for a dental implant. For a successful implant to take hold, a candidate must have proper bone density and have a strong immune system. In all cases, dental implants require strict oral hygiene. Implants are so well designed that they mimic the look and feel of natural teeth. Implants are usually made of titanium, a very biocompatible material.
Minor surgery is necessary to prepare the area for the implant and place the implant in the mouth. Following the procedure, a period of time is required for the implant to take hold and for the bone to build up and anchor the implant.
The Dental Implants Procedure
Dental implant placement and restoration used to require multiple visits. However, we can often extract the tooth and place the implant the same day. At your initial consultation, we will use our iCAT cone beam (a 3D scanner) to determine that your bone density and oral health are suitable for implants before scheduling your procedure. The 3D scan allows us to accurately plan the placement of your dental implants. A dental cone beam scan offers invaluable information when it comes to the assessment and planning of surgical implants and is widely accepted as the preferred method for pre surgical assessment of dental implant sites. Our ability to plan this way, greatly reduces the risk of unexpected complications and expenses.
After reviewing all of your options, we will schedule an appointment to place the implants. The minimally invasive surgery involves the precision placement of small titanium screws into the jawbone. The procedure is painless and our patients are always surprised at how quickly and easily they recover. For patients with dental fear and anxiety, we offer IV Sedation.
Once your dental implant are placed, over the next couple of months your jawbone will naturally secure the implants. While your dental implants heal, we make sure you leave our office with a temporary cosmetic solution. We never let a patient leave our office toothless!
Once the healing process is complete, Dr. Amstadt or Dr. Lotowski will place your single or multiple-tooth restoration atop the dental implant(s). Your permanent restoration will look and feel like your natural teeth giving you the ability to chew and smile again.
Benefits of Dental Implants with Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski
Here are some of the greatest benefits of coming to Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski, leading Madison Dental Implant Specialists:
- Most of the time, Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski are able to remove the natural tooth and place a dental implant the same day, thereby minimizing the need for multiple surgeries.
- You have the option of having a temporary tooth so you never have to go toothless during the healing process.
- When provided by Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski and their cosmetic dental team, the temporary restoration often looks as natural as the original tooth or better.
- All necessary implant services are provided by Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski in one facility.
- As a leading Madison dental implants provider, Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski are among the few cosmetic dentists in the area to use the state-of-the-art Cone Beam Three-Dimensional I-CAT scan, which allows them to check the bone density for precise placement of the implant(s).
- Drs. Amstadt & Lotowski follow a flexible schedule so their patients can undergo the dental implant procedure promptly.
- The practice is home to knowledgeable and compassionate staff, each with a minimum of 20 years experience supporting all the dental needs of each patient who visits our practice.
Implant-Supported Bridges, Partials, & Dentures
Patients who find removeable dentures and partials cumbersome and inconvenient often prefer dental implant-retained prosthesis. With an implant-retained prosthesis, you’ll no longer worry about a poor fitting or loose prosthesis or use of adhesives.
Dental Implants Can Change Your Life
At Wisconsin Dental Solutions, we use of the latest technology in implant dentistry giving patients the ability to smile and eat again like they deserve. At our dental practice, we pride ourselves in offering all our patients with options which are reliable, comfortable and affordable.
For more information on Dental Implants in the Madison, WI area call Wisconsin Dental Solutions at (608) 834-6321 or use our appointment request page.