We Care About Your Teeth
Everyone over the age of four or five should visit the dentist for a professional dental hygiene appointment twice a year. Our gentle and experienced hygienists will inspect your gums for periodontal disease, the leading cause of tooth loss for American adults. The dental hygienists are specially trained to detect, deter, and treat gum disease. We prefer to help you maintain optimal oral health so that you never have to worry about gum disease. However, if you develop periodontal problems, we're here to help you.
Call 608-834-6321 or use our Appointment Request form to make your six month hygiene appointment now!
If we find cause for concern, we may recommend that you change your oral healthcare routine or the products you use at home. We may also suggest a deep cleaning, which involves:
- Scaling to remove tartar from below the gum line
- Root planing to smooth rough root surfaces where plaque builds up
- Arestin antibiotic treatment to kill bacterial infection
Oral Hygiene Tips
- Use a new toothbrush every 2-3 months. Why? Bacteria from your mouth hangs around on your toothbrush.
- Brush your tongue (or if you're in the know, use a tongue scraper).
- Buy multiple packs of floss and use them each day.
- Chew sugar-free gum after eating to help promote saliva which helps wash away food particles.
- The most important times of the day to brush your teeth are: right when you wake up and just before you go to bed.
Sources: Readers Digest and WebMD